Sunday, December 21, 2014

Editor's Note

It has come to my attention that there is now a verification process necessary for the comments section of this blog. If you want to comment, you must prove that you are "Not a Robot" by (checking the box if you're not a robot), and then typing in a verification request.

I am also getting hit with these requests, and even though I have disabled the comment verification process for this blog, Google keeps on putting them back.

I have sent a note to Google, and I hope that with time they will address it.

For the moment, I share in your frustration that we must spend an extra 20 seconds of our lives addressing and satisfying the Google Overlords.

P.S.: Makes me wonder if I should set up my own website independent from Google. Hmmmm ... something to ponder during the holidays.

3 comments:

D.Plowman said...

"Makes me wonder if I should set up my own website independent from Google. Hmmmm ... something to ponder during the holidays."

But... But... Then I'll have to spend 5 seconds more going through my bookmarks to fetch said website, or 5 seconds typing it in the address bar when I could just spend 2 seconds typing War News in google and have it pop up as the first result!

THINK OF THE SECONDS!!!

War News Updates Editor said...

True D. Plowman. So true.

A few months ago I typed in war news on Google, and for over a billion search results this blog was the first one. A subtle bow from the Google Overlords.

Adam said...

One day the robots will learn how to check the damn box! Someday they will rule us all. *shudder* ;)